Wednesday, June 4, 2014

This is the year...finally!

It's really hard to believe that the last event that inspired me to blog, that of RAGBRAI, was six years ago! But now after all this time, I find myself about 50 or so days away from doing this again.

If you don't know, RAGBRAI is the Register's Annual Great Bike Ride Across Iowa. You pack up your clothes, a tent, and jump on your bike for between 400 and 600 miles over 7 days. You do so with somewhere around 20,000 other lycra-clad pedalers. My inaugural participation in this took place in July of 2008, and it was a blast.

My intention is to write down some thoughts in this blog leading up to the ride that begins July 20. Then, while I'm out there in the wilds of Iowa, I hope I can make entries as well, with pictures and pithy comments about anything and everything that happens. You may also be subjected to my observations on God's creation, the hospitality of small town people, and how many slices of cherry pie in which I indulge myself.

So I hope you read on with me.

No comments: