Monday, July 28, 2014

RAGBRAI in the Rear View Mirror

As I write this, RAGBRAI has been over for two days. Overall, I had a good experience. There were some things that made it more difficult on this, my second trip, but the feeling of riding down to the Mississippi river front with thousands of others to dip my front tire in the water is amazing.

I am posting this entry now, but my plan is to do retroactive entries for the different days. I was SORELY disappointed that there were not computers along the way so that I could update this blog everyday. Evidently the trusty Iowa Telecom laptop trailer stopped coming to ragbrai in 2011. It was only the Iowa Lakes Community College that had computers open for use, probably my favorite overnight experience on the route. So I resorted to old-fashioned note taking with paper and pencil.

So watch for more updates soon, if you care to read, starting with Day 2. I think I'll summarize each day with a BUST or BEST rating, because the days kind of either went really good, or really difficult.

I've shared a short clip shot by my friend Mark. Just proof that I was there.

No comments: