Friday, July 25, 2008

Day 6

Wow. I am on the next to last day! I wasn't able to find a computer to do internet on until this late! it's almost 8 o'clock and I haven't yet checked in. I'm experiencing withdrawal.

It is a very nice morning. It's overcast, not windy, and just a little cool. Perfect riding weather. And today is only 63 miles! Maybe I'll do it twice! Okay, you know I'm crazy, but sounded nuts even to me!

I have had cherry pie every day, and I just had an excellent piece here in Mt. Vernon, Iowa. I don't know why I say Iowa. Of course I'm in Iowa. Duh. Anyway, Exira and Mt. Vernon have had the best cherry pie so far. I saw some ladies yesterday that were wearing models of pie pieces on their heads. They were called Team Pie Hunter, and each one had a different pie type on their head. But noticeably absent was cherry! I asked them if they had one, and they said no, but they could send me an application (tongue in cheek) if I wanted to join.

My newfound energy has continued this morning. My body is adjusting to this. I'm going to have to ride to work on Monday just to keep it up.

Well, I don't have much to report this morning, I guess. Gotta get those pedals moving again.

No comments: